See Also ISSUES:MUSLIM:Outreach
From: Michael Strahan <email@example.com> If you were to recommend *one* resource for educating oneself on the Muslim religion and specifically how to witness to Muslim immigrants to the U.S., what would it be?
From: Jason Butler <firstname.lastname@example.org> How about *two* resources?!?! First, for a concise, readable, and well-written overview of Islam, check out "Understanding Islam: An Introduction to the Muslim World," by Thomas W. Lippman (Meridian Books, 1995). It is not written from a Christian perspective, but is VERY well done.
Second, for a little more on Muslim doctrine and on how to answer it from a Christian perspective, check out the apologetical work by Norman Geisler and Abdul Saleeb (Baker Books, 1993).
ANSWER From: "Dr. Jim Romaine" <email@example.com> I suggest contacting Zwemer Institute of Muslim Studies, <firstname.lastname@example.org>. They have coueses at many locations around the US and also hold seminars for churches and mission agencies.
30-Day PRAYER GUIDE in Spanish
YOU CAN WIN MILLIONS WITHOUT LEAVING YOUR HOUSE!! Don't pass up this chance to pray for the millions of Muslims in the world. You can win them through prayer! This is why we're making available the Spanish prayer guide, "30 Days of Prayer for the Muslims". This guide is designed for intercession for the Muslim world during the Islamic holy month of Ramadan. Ramadan is a time during which over one billion Muslims around the world join together in fasting and reflection. During this same month (January 1-30, 1998), the Body of Christ, His Church, will join together to intercede for the salvation of these Muslims. Send your order now to our postal address (please, no e-mail orders!). Don't forget to include how many guides you would like, your name, and the address to which to send the guides. Center for World Missions, Juventud Con Una Mision, Apdo. 1352, Oaxaca 68000, Oaxaca, MEXICO. Prices, including postage: US$2.50 each; (US$0.25 price breaks at 10 and 100) Please write checks in U.S. dollars to "Youth With A Mission". For orders through Mexico (N$20 each), contact Fax number: 91 (951) 5-79-27. From: Mark & Gina Fadely <email@example.com>
AUDIO Tapes from Georges Houssney
The following lectures are available on audio cassette tape from Horizons International, P.O. Box 18478, Boulder, CO 80308-1478 for $4 apiece. Source: ReachOut Magazine
-Allah: The God of Islam
-The Muslim Mind-Set
-Penetrating Walls of Muslim Resistance
-All Muslims are not the Same
-Honest Answers to Honest Questions Muslims Ask
-Reaching Muslims: How will they hear?
-Abu Shadin: Debate in Arabic with Shiite Muslim
-Contextualization: Biblical Perspectives and The Gospel in Culture--3 cassettes for $11
-Arabic Bibles also available: Injeel: $4.95, Whole Bible $12.95
- Amazing Facts About Islam: Eternal Truth Ministries is in the planning stages of creating a valuable resource book which would explicitly unfold the truth about the Religion of Islam. This book will clarify the views of Islam towards Christianity. Here are a few of the issues which will be included in this book. Did God make the Prophetic Covenant with both of Abraham's sons, Ishmael and Isaac? Do you know that Quaran supports the sacrifice of Isaac according to the events, and not Ishmael? What do Quran and the Holy Bible say about the claim of Prophet Muhammad? Do you know the difference between the True Allah and heathen allahs, the true Islam and false Islam? Do you know that the land of Palestine only belongs to Jews, according to Quran? Did God dedicate Khana-e-Kabba or the King Solomon's temple in Jerusalem? Is Hajra-e-Aswas really a sacred stone? What does Quaran say? -Do you know that Holy Bible is the True Word of God, according to Quran? Did Muhammad claim to be a savior? Answers to all the above questions and many more will be revealed in this book based upon texts from Quran, Islamic books, and the Holy Bible. The author hopes that God will use this book to save the lives of hundreds of thousands of young people who are blindly embracing the religion of Islam - a religion which presents absolutely no hope to mankind of eternal life. A manuscript of the book has been completed in Urdu, and help with English translation and publication would be appreciated. If you can help, please contact Elder W. Peter P.O. Box 2117, Palatine, IL 60078 Fax: 847-726-7284
- Behind the Veil, Many Muslim converts to Christianity have shared in the intensive research for this revealing book. They have come to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ and desire nothing less for their Muslim neighbors. This book, throughout its 315 pages, unveils Islamic teachings using quotes and documented, detailed references from authoritative ancient and contemporary Muslim scholars. Free upon request <VOMUSA@aol.com>
- Inside The Community, Order by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, Understanding Muslims through their Traditions by Phil Parshall, Baker Books,1994, 240pp, NZ$22.00 "This is a unique book in the history of evangelical mission publications. For the first time, someone has researched the 4,705 pages of the nine-volume Hadith in order to give us an overall inside look at the Muslim community's Traditions. Though as binding on faithful Muslims as the Qur'an, we know so little about them. Hence, we really appreciate Phil Parshall's efforts to help us fill that gap in our knowledge." Dr Andrew Ng, SIM
- Muslim doctrine and on how to answer it from a Christian perspective, check out the apologetical work by Norman Geisler and Abdul Saleeb (Baker Books, 1993)
- Women in Islam: A compilation of quotations from the Qur'an, the Hadith, and Islamic commentaries about the shocking status of women in pure Islam.... The spread of Islam in the West is not due to conversion growth, but "biological growth," i.e. marriage to Western girls. The Muslim man is attracted to religious girls because of their high moral standards. _Women In Islam_ was written to inform and warn women about the possible results of a decision to marry a Muslim. Available free from Voice of the Martyrs, P.O. Box 443, Bartlesville, OK 74005
- Facilitating Islamic Awareness: FIA News - A team of four contributing editors is publishing an email newsletter designed to encourage the average Christian to "reach out" and befriend Muslims. To subscribe, send email addressed to: email@example.com contaiing the following command: "subscribe fia-news"
- ReachOut to the Muslim World: Georges Houssney of Horizons International offers an alternative view to the "contextualization" approach to mission among Muslims in the issue I just read: Volume 8 #2&3, 1996. The black & white magazine was 28 pgs. with all 8 articles written by Houssney. Even though I picked up somewhat of an "attitude" from the author, I believe he had some good insights into evangelising Muslims, having grown up in a Muslim society himself. Subscription for 4 issues of ReachOut is $10 in the U.S. ($18 elsewhere), P.O. Box 18478, Boulder, CO 80308-1478
- One of the recent EMQ magazines covered the debate within Christian circles as to how to approach the Muslim-Christian debate--from the one extreme of joining in the mud-slinging characteristic of the Muslim apologists to the other extreme of only letting your good deeds speak for you.
- Arab World Ministries: www.gospelcom.net/awm
- Answering Islam: www.answeringislam.com
- Arabic bible on-line: www.gospelcom.net/ibs/bibles/arabic/
- www.ozemail.com.au/~dbates/islam2.htm Responding to Louis Farrakhan's anti-Christian propaganda - an article by Don Richardson (author of Peace Child)
- www.ozemail.com.au/~dbates/koran.htm The Bible compared with the Koran. Several pages show the teachings of the Bible side by side with the teachings on the Koran. We are trusting the Holy Spirit to quicken His Word to non-believers. Topics covered are:
Origins - the Bible and the Koran * Who is Jesus * The purpose of the Messenger * The birth of Jesus * Paradise * Teaching about Enemies * Teaching on War * The Crucifixion of Jesus